Re: OS X 10.8.5 broke Video on MacBook Air

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How did you do it? There're solutions here but i can't figure out a thing! ... ''TIME MACHINE'' and all that, where go i begin?? I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

0 Kudos
yawdede
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 181 of 511 (1,272 Views)

yawdede wrote:

How did you do it? There're solutions here but i can't figure out a thing! ... ''TIME MACHINE'' and all that, where go i begin?? I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

in page 14 is solution with pictures and if you don't have Time Machine

0 Kudos
BastianS
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 98
Message 182 of 511 (1,271 Views)

Re: OS X 10.8.5 Broke Skype Video

Thank you for the explanation.  I just did not know what was going on. We have an iMac where the camera works fine.

Let's hope that developpers will find a solution for this soon.

0 Kudos
nenurcia
Novel Tourist
Message 183 of 511 (1,269 Views)

nenurcia wrote:

Thank you for the explanation.  I just did not know what was going on. We have an iMac where the camera works fine.

Let's hope that developpers will find a solution for this soon.

This issue affects only MacBook Air, in iMac and Macbook Pro the camera should be work, if the camera does not work it is probably a different problem.

0 Kudos
BastianS
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 98
Message 184 of 511 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you BastianS, it worked!!!

I tried again today, but without entering the whole folder information I was looking for, just searching it manually. Replaced the plugin, restarted the computer and voila! I have Skype camera!:(y):

A quick note: in Finder ->Go (folder) I don't have Library. Searched the web and found out that you have to press Option and then Go, and then the Library folder will show up in the Go menu.

And MAKE SURE, you don't search in the Library that pops up automatically under your user name. I did that in the beginning and could not find the CoreMedialO folder. 

You have to follow Macintosh HD -> Library, where you will find the CoreMedialO folder with Plug-ins folder ->DAL->AppleCamera.plugin

0 Kudos
papillon01
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 185 of 511 (1,215 Views)

Sebastian solution worket for me BUT only after i instaled an older version os skype. For those who took all the steps and stiil didnt work, try it out.  you can get it here http://www.oldapps.com/mac/skype.php?old_skype=39

0 Kudos
liana57
Novel Tourist
Message 186 of 511 (1,188 Views)

I have the exact same problem... although I did get get a copy of the AppleCamera.plugin there does not seem to be a corresponding file on my MacBook Air to replace...

0 Kudos
lsw1
Novel Adventurer
Message 187 of 511 (1,152 Views)

Hi,

I am not able to find the corresponding AppleCamera.plugin file to replace... there is no existing AppleCamera.plugin file on my MacBood Air.  

OSX 10.8.5

Skype Version 6.8.60.351

MacBook Air does not recognize there is a camera on both Google Hangouts and Skype.

Thanks for any guidance on this :wink:

Linda

0 Kudos
lsw1
Novel Adventurer
Message 188 of 511 (1,152 Views)

The fix worked for me by downloading the plugin from the link present earlier in this thread. I then opened a terminal, changed to superuser and changed directory to where the current plugin file was located. I then just copied in the downloaded and unzipped plugin folder and restarted the machine. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
huwdjones1977
Novel Adventurer
Message 189 of 511 (1,075 Views)

Thank you so much for the file !!

0 Kudos
Noubette
Casual Tourist
Message 190 of 511 (1,016 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling