No sound for Test Call/outgoing calls but I DO hav...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

No sound for Test Call/outgoing calls but I DO have sound for test sounds - WTF?!

What the heck is going on here?

When I go into the skype options and go into sound devices I can hear the sound just fine when I click on 'make test sound' but when I click on make test call I get jack squat.  At what point did Skype think it was a good idea to use a different sound device for playing sounds versus playing the sound of a call?  Going through trying to figure out where the hell this is setup but I'm not having any luck... anyone have any ideas?

unc0nnected
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 5 (998 Views)

Re: No sound for Test Call/outgoing calls but I DO have sound for test sounds - WTF?!

Still encountering this problem and I know I can't be the only one.. Anyone have any suggestions?

unc0nnected
Routine Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (974 Views)

Re: No sound for Test Call/outgoing calls but I DO have sound for test sounds - WTF?!

Ok, strange enough when I opened up paman and try it I get sound again.. No idea why but so far this is the only thing I've tried that restores sound for outgoing calls. I didn't adjust anything mind you, I just opened it up.
unc0nnected
Routine Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (972 Views)

Nope, I take that back.. it must have been lucky because it doesn't do the trick.. Gah, this is annoying..
unc0nnected
Routine Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (958 Views)

I have no outgoing sound

brysonarthur
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 5 (851 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling