Microphone wont work

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Microphone wont work

[ Edited ]

I have a Macbook Pro . The microphone won't work. People can not hear what I say. But my microphone will work with everything else like facetime, just not skype. How do I fix this?

PaiigeS
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 54 (65,757 Views)

Re: Microphone wont work

Try a Skype test call to Echo 123. That way you can test your mike with Skype and see if it works.
rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 156
Message 2 of 54 (65,744 Views)

My microphone wont work for skype but is ok with other programs. I have tried test calls for several times but it says there's something wrong with microphone.

gsphglena
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 3 of 54 (65,727 Views)

I have already tried the test call and it does not work. I watch the video on skype for how-to for mac if there is a microphone problem but it does not give me a tool options as on it does for a pc. Skype should improve this problem to make it more friendly towards Mac users...

PaiigeS
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 4 of 54 (65,721 Views)

I'm sure you've already done it but what settings do you have in Skype\Preferences\Audio/Visual? If you say something is there absolutely no registration at all with the blue dots under the microphone setting with built-in microphone (internal) selected?
rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 156
Message 5 of 54 (65,718 Views)

How do I make a call to Echo123

darrks2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 54 (65,617 Views)

call echo123; 

Refer to Skype FAQ:

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10952/how-can-i-make-a-test-call-in-skype-for-mac-os-x

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6249
Message 7 of 54 (65,590 Views)

[ Edited ]

Correct, it does not register the sound at all.

mollyfeimster
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 54 (64,050 Views)

I had same problem but following worked for me :

Go

PaiigeS wrote:

I have a Macbook Pro . The microphone won't work. People can not hear what I say. But my microphone will work with everything else like facetime, just not skype. How do I fix this?

to Skype\Preferences\Audio and in Microphone, select in-built microphone if using MAC mic or line-in if using external headphones. In my case, it was set as line-in while I was trying to use MAC mic. Hope it gives some clue.

mohigupt
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 54 (63,434 Views)

I have the same problem... and I can't find a way of making it work. Did you ever fix yours? How? Did anyone on the Skype community give you the right advice?

Lightrhino
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 54 (62,061 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling