Meaning of symbols

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Meaning of symbols

[ Edited ]

I cannot find ANYWHERE an explanation of what the symblols mean. Specifically, some of my accounts have a green checkmark, others are blank. What does that mean?

Thanks for help!   George

gsweeney
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 13 (84,702 Views)

Re : Meaning of symbols

Hi,

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA3501/

Hth

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.9.4
Skype 6.19.0.452
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1169
Message 2 of 13 (84,690 Views)

And what about the red exclamation point ("!") next to the SMS I sent? Does it perhaps mean "Not delivered"? Would be nice to know...

EMC1234
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 13 (81,258 Views)

"Failed".

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.9.4
Skype 6.19.0.452
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1169
Message 4 of 13 (81,255 Views)

Re: Meaning of symbols

From what i understand when there is a green check mark next to the persons name, they have both accepted you friend request and they are online. When it is just a green outline on the cloud that means that they have accepted to be your friend but they are not online. If the cloud next to their name is grey and has a question mark inside it, then they have not accepted your "friend request" yet.

alli617
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 13 (81,013 Views)

Re: Meaning of symbols

What is the meaning of the orange symbol -- hanged phone and upward check mark. All of a sudden I am seeing it on most of my messages. I have a feeling that my messages are being forwarded to a mobile device; however, I have not set up call forwarding and I do not use a mobile device. Thank you.

nahamuah
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 13 (73,013 Views)

Thank you for sharing the link. There is still one icon which I don't find an explanation for; the clear bubble with an "x" in the middle. (See attached pic) I appear this way to a friend and we can't figure out why. Thanks for your help.
Posted from Apple iPad
TheBaltimoron
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 13 (63,975 Views)

Everyone asking these questions deserves a point - it's RIDICULOUS to use icons which don't explain themselves - e.g. with micro-text or whatever.

The fact that I'm 54 has got NOTHING to do my ranting away - unexplained icons are VERY ANNOYING!  End of.

PierreLapin
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 13 (61,599 Views)

Agree totally it's annoying to see symbols which are not self-explanatory.  Next to calls made and received, for example, is a picture of a telephone receiver with an arrow.  It points up or down.  I assume one means you made the call, the other means somebody called you.  But which is which?

Spinosa
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 13 (58,619 Views)

Agree. This thread was started in 2012 and there doesn't seem to be any improvement in the Skype interface that I can see.  I call it a "happy-happy" interface that tells you nothing. The worst part is that I use a Mac and when I go to the Help menu in the Skype application, it sends me to OS X help.  Great job, thanks a lot Skype.  

jim_ca
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 13 (49,827 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling