Re: I can't see the conversation

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

I can't see the conversation

Hi,

So at first I couldn't see the emoticons and now I can't see any of the text in the conversation box! What do I do?

Thanks!

claire_1687
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 15 (2,803 Views)

i am having the same problem here!!!

audiodunk
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 15 (2,666 Views)

I can't see conversation too. The window gets pixelated. And I can't even click on contact to try and open a conversation. Regretting updating the latest skype version.

sabrina_renee
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 15 (2,654 Views)

and i just realized that i can't edit my profile through skype.. WTH?

audiodunk
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 15 (2,641 Views)

I have the same problem but first I couldn't see the emoticons, now I can't see the buttons for playing files that people send to me.

AngieBurgos
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 15 (2,520 Views)

I can't see the conversations either, the conversation screen stays white, even though people send me messages (I can see the messages appearing in the black pop-up window that appears in the upper right corner of the screen, but the conversation screen never gets update). I am using the latest version of Skype on mac osx 10.7.2, and this problem started since I upgraded my skype to the latest version.

This is really annoying - it is about time someone from Skype does something about that - especially since this is a paid service for me.

I can't find any information about this bug online.

By the way, no input whatsoever is being sent to the "conversation screen" - including calling places and so on.

someone2
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 15 (2,470 Views)

and i just realized that i can't edit my profile through skype

Not even when you go to the menu bar and click on File\Edit profile, or you clcik on your Skype name or picture in the Skype programme box?

rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 148
Message 7 of 15 (2,460 Views)

I can see the messages appearing in the black pop-up window that appears in the upper right corner of the screen, but the conversation screen never gets update 

Can't quite come to terms with this "black pop-up screen". I'm running 10.7.3 with the latest Skype but none of the recent versions have had a pop up screen for messages. The messages arrive in the main screen, just above where you write them in the first place. What have you got for your style in Skype\Preferences\Messaging?

rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 148
Message 8 of 15 (2,459 Views)

Same problem here :sad: 

Running skype on mac and as soon as I did the updat I haven't been able to see any conversations.

I can see everthing else and I can even see the number come up next to the name that shows how many new messages but when I click the skype screen is just white DDDD:

kiwi0000
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 15 (2,248 Views)

I'm experiencing the same problem (not seeing the conversation in the chat log) ever since I upgraded my skype on my mac book. I've deleted/re-installed the program several times. Went 2 months without using skype and to no avail, still encountering the same problem. This is really frustrating. Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. 

ongmerritt
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 15 (2,241 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling