I can't delete people's messages

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

I can't delete people's messages

I'm the creator of a group chat, and sometimes people feel the need to spam a link ~3 times, so I delete the duplicates. This avoids people from clicking all 3 links and expecting differet content...but finding it's the same thing and they wasted time clicking the links. It also allows me to delete gore that people post.

Anyway, for some reason I can't delete messages anymore. Either someone put some kind of a hack in the chat or it's just bork for me. I can't edit messages either.

I can delete/edit messages from my iPhone though, and I can still delete/edit my messages. I'm on Skype version 6.3.0.582 on a Mac running OSX 10.8.3.

And as an addition to hacking...once someone went cray and started spamming the chat like mad. When I tried kicking them, it wouldn't work, it would say the user was kicked but they weren't. Either they had a hack in place or the spamming caused it to lag and not kick them. Is it possible to hack Skype to override the op?

Siderz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (620 Views)

Re: I can't delete people's messages

Same, and it's annoying.
master3395
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 5 (603 Views)

How long ago did it start for you?

I think I noticed it just yesterday.

Siderz
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (601 Views)

Just  when  you  get  on  the  one  you  want  to  delete in  solid  color then  just  pres (click) on  KEY board button DELITE top right   OK  and  good  luck

rlakovic
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (595 Views)

Nope, nothing works, it only works on ipod/ipad.

master3395
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 5 (576 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling