I am online, but no one can see me.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

I am online, but no one can see me.

Hi,

I have Skype version 5.2.0.1523 on my Macbook air. I used skype alot and it worked perfectly fine. But now it doesnt work at all. Im online but no one can see me, and all my contacts are offline, altough I know they are online. I have tried to reinstall Skype a few times but the problem remains. There is no firewallproblem because Skype works for my room mates which is under the same wlan-connection. What can I do?

E

hoxtra
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (1,312 Views)

Re: I am online, but no one can see me.

I have the exact same problem, someone please reply to this!
LarsEB
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 6 (1,182 Views)

BTW, my work Skype works just fine on the same computer, so I think it must be some kind of problem with my account...
LarsEB
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (1,180 Views)

Please create a new Mac user on your Mac, switch to that new user, log into Skype with the new user and let us know if that works.

Skype 5.3.59.1093
Mac Mini Server 2011
Mac OS X Server Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
Logitech C910 Webcam
JDGravelle
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 21
Message 4 of 6 (1,176 Views)

Yep, seems to work fine on the new user. Any way I can get it to work on my old user? Would hate to have to switch to a new user, have a lot of settings on the old one...

LarsEB
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (1,171 Views)

my friend has the same problem, he sais hes trying to call me from skype, but i see him as offline. please someone i need it to work! D: 

strawjery
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (790 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling