Re: Facebook

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to removed Facebook contacts

[ Edited ]

I recently downloaded the new version of skype and it asked me if I wanted to merge my facebook contact with skype. like a fool I said Yes, and it imported all my over 1000 contacts into skype.

I have removed the skype app from facebook.

I manually deleted all the contacts, but I still see the facebook tab in the contact section.

Is there any way I can remove the facebook tab. ? I use apple computer. with OS 10.7

any help will be much apreciated.

Vihang
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 30 (7,441 Views)

I had the same problem, plus even after I've disconnected fb from skype, everytime I open skype now it logs me out of fb. whats up with that?

Pez
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 30 (7,238 Views)

I even used a app cleaner application and removed all the files of skype from my mac and reloaded the skype again. However I still see the facebook tab in the contact section of my skype software ( for mac ) If I right click on it, I see the option of edit or delete but it is not highlighted so I can not delete it. I tried to drag and trash the facebook symbol out of contact section keeping comand key pressed, but it did not help.

any help will be much apreciated.

Vihang
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 30 (7,223 Views)

Click on "Skype Home" on top left in your Skype window.
Then click on the blue cogwheel icon on the right hand side and select "Disconnect from Facebook" from the menu there.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13576
Message 4 of 30 (7,203 Views)

i already disconnected from the facebook, but the facebook tab still remains. it does not go and it is very irritating.

Vihang
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 30 (7,178 Views)

Yeah that does not work unfortunately :sad:
madrid4life
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 30 (7,153 Views)

Re: How to removed Facebook contacts

The same thing happened to me, I would appreciate if someone from Skype tells us how to get rid of Facebook from Skype and not just disconnect because that does not remove Facebook contacts!
ale_
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 30 (7,087 Views)

how did you manually delete the contacts from facebook...i cant...and i cant figure out how to delete a conversation either????? so anoying
sofiefrancis75
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 30 (7,026 Views)

Great and THanks. worked like a charm.
bloodychapel
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 30 (6,953 Views)

If you just don't want to see your facebook friends listed in your contacts list just click on "Contacts" in the Skype bar and under "Contact Lists" just choose Skype.  The FB contacts won't show up any more.

ousooner34
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 30 (6,857 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling