How to Remove/Recall a Contact Request?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Remove/Recall a Contact Request?

Sent out a couple of incorrect contact requests. They have not been accepted. I wish to delete or recall these requests from the main Skype UI to reduce the clutter. Can someone assist with instructions on how to remove these?

Thanks!

jgg
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (33,957 Views)

Re: How to Remove/Recall a Contact Request?

I think it is not possible to cancel pending contact requests.  But you can remove the usernames of the contacts (in your contact list tab) to whom you have pending request the same process of removing or deleting a existing contact.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1661
Message 2 of 11 (33,955 Views)

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I was able to 'Delete' the contact from my Skype contacts however (and I think this is my issue) they continue to remain listed in the History pane on the left side of the Skype window.

I'm running the Mac version.

Thanks,

jgg

jgg
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (33,952 Views)

Hi,

But does that means that the recipient can still see our contact request sent to them? Even after we deleted them or blocked them? 

Xiawei
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 11 (33,891 Views)

On a Mac, in the left hand pane, hold the ctrl button and click your mouse on the name of the person that invited you to be their skype contact. A pop-down menu will appear. Click "close" and that contact will be removed.

laclares
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 11 (33,649 Views)

Yes. This worked for me (mac os x). However if the contact is in your mac contacts, it will not remove the skype contact until you remove it from your mac contacts first. =)
Sparkicus
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 11 (29,585 Views)

I lost all my contacts on my list
shackpots
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (28,795 Views)

Hello! DaHappyHelper here! =) if anyone is using Skype go / tablet version then all you have to is go into contacts (people) or where ever the contact is, and hold your finger on the contact so that a cross appears on the top corner of the contact "box". Tap the cross that appears to remove the contact or cancel the request. Hope this helped you guys!
Posted from Apple iPad
DaHappyHelper
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (23,240 Views)

Hi I have the same problem except that its on an Android tablet instead of on a computer. Any tips?
Posted from Apple iPad
lachlan.ly
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (17,094 Views)

Sorry I didnt realise that my question had already been answered by you. It worked and helped me a lot!
Posted from Apple iPad
lachlan.ly
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 11 (6,593 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling