How delete voicemail, because seriously, there is ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

How delete voicemail, because seriously, there is no x after voicemail

[ Edited ]

How do you delete a voicemail message on Skype for OS X? The online how-to here says that you look at the message (forget the ridiculous way it says to find it, which also does not work) in your list, and click the little circle-x to the right on the message. THERE IS NO CIRCLE-X ON THE VOICEMAIL MESSAGE. So far, I can't find any way to delete: No context menu, no menu item, NO CIRCLE-X.

Now, I'm using Skype 5.3.5, and you guys have instructions for Skype 5.0 Mac---AND THE HOW-TO IS WRONG.

So how does one delete a voicemail message?

Carola

Accepted Solution

This message is quite old.

According to FAQ you can delete voice messages:

After you have listened to a voice message, it is stored locally on your computer (as a .DAT file in ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/<username>/voicemail). This means that you won’t be able to listen to it again if you sign in to Skype on a different computer. To delete a voice message, you will need to delete the .DAT file.

More info: https://support.skype.com/m/en/faq/FA10791/Setting-up-Voice-Messaging-Mac
View solution in original post
jamesondavid
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 11 (4,700 Views)

Re: How delete voicemail, because seriously, there is no x after voicemail

You are right, the FAQ are wrong. I reported this error to be fixed. Currently you can't delete a Voicemail message, I'm sorry.

Los Moderadores no contestamos a mensajes privados no solicitados.
:sad: ¿Problemas urgentes? Contacta con Skype desde aquí

”upgrade”
Carola
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1337
Message 2 of 11 (4,467 Views)

So will there ever be a way to delete these logs??? It seems a bit ridiculous that one cannot delete their sms history or voicemail. I can't find any way to do this via the desktop app, the website, and if you delete them on the iPhone app they just reappear the next time you log in.

So let's say an account is compromised, the users's entire SMS and voicemail history is accessible. Hopefully Skype can see the issue here and give us the ability to clear this information out! I really can't think of any other system like this that doesn't have this ability.
bkai
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 11 (4,385 Views)

I agree with bkai. This is a major security risk, with the assumption that all devices are encrypted, etc, with remote wipe capabilities.
Posted from Apple iPad
Snihan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 11 (3,961 Views)

After you have listened to a voice message, it is stored locally on your computer (as a .DAT file in ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/<username>/voicemail). This means that you won’t be able to listen to it again if you sign in to Skype on a different computer. To delete a voice message, you will need to delete the .DAT file.

More info: https://support.skype.com/m/en/faq/FA10791/Setting-up-Voice-Messaging-Mac

”upgrade”
Posted from Apple iPhone
Carola
Moderator icon
Message 5 of 11 (3,950 Views)

Deleting chat history including SMS:
https://support.skype.com/m/en/faq/FA10893/How-do-I-delete-my-chat-history-in-Skype-for-Mac-OS-X?fro...

”upgrade”
Posted from Apple iPhone
Carola
Moderator icon
Message 6 of 11 (3,949 Views)

You can delete SMS in the iPhone deleting the chat that contains the messages. After deletion it didn't pop again for me. Is your phone modified and up to date? Sorry I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

”upgrade”
Posted from Apple iPhone
Carola
Moderator icon
Message 7 of 11 (3,948 Views)

I can not even find a Skype folder in <Librry/Application Support>.

The DAT files should be in /Library/Application Support/Skype/<username>/voicemail

mcaseyjr
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 11 (3,736 Views)

Carola wrote:

This does not work for me.  After deleting the files in ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/<username>/voicemail, the voicemails still appear in skype.  I can listen to them again and, when I do, skype again puts the same .dat files in ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/<username>/voicemail.

Contrary to the FAQ, it certainly appears that the voicemail files are stored somewhere remote to my machine, even after I have listened to them.   I'd like to delete those files.

I'm running skype downloaded 4 days ago, under OS X 10.7.4.

pa20k
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (3,343 Views)

I agree, THERE SHOULD BE AN EASY, STRAIGHTFORWARD AND EASY TO FIND WAY TO DELETE OLD VOICEMAIL!!!!!  Is Skype listening at all?   

And they should quit making changes to their user interface just for the sake of making changes.  If it doesn't add functionality, folks, just leave it alone, so things work the same way twice when we log in to our account.

auntieJ13
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (3,247 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling