Friends Suddenly Became Pending Contact Request

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Friends Suddenly Became Pending Contact Request

[ Edited ]

A friend of mine who had appeared "online" earlier tonight suddenly became "pending contact request". What does this mean? Am I deleted or blocked by him? How can I solve this problem?

Thanks!

MyGloria
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 21 (55,290 Views)

Re: Friends Suddenly Became Pending Contact Request

I had the same issue. It means that this person has removed you from their Skype contact list (but hasn't blocked you).
shuchii
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 21 (54,799 Views)

I have just had the same issue whereby many contacts became "request pending" most of whom would not disconnect me! I think skype has been comprised? I suggest that the forum managers escalate this issue....!

MyGloria wrote:

A friend of mine who had appeared "online" earlier tonight suddenly became "pending contact request". What does this mean? Am I deleted or blocked by him? How can I solve this problem?

Thanks!

MyGloria wrote:

Thanks!

ckirkland
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 21 (51,778 Views)

did you find out what has happened? what did you do?

just last night, I saw my friend's name with a very unusual spelling on my contact list, and then it seemed he'd removed me written: "this person has not shared their details with you, resend contact request!"

kindda comforting that I'm not the only one having this problem :happy:

msh-a
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 21 (46,723 Views)

I have the same issue. Did anybody get it make work correctly?

Is this Microsoft's touch?

kweros
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 21 (43,425 Views)

I have the same problem. And I can't find any answers or solutions here. I can chat with these suddenly 'pending contacts', but I can't call them. They can call me however. But it is very annoying. 

Ryanne
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 21 (41,133 Views)

MyGloria wrote:

Thanks!

renames1
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 21 (37,217 Views)

Same thing, I started Skype on a machine I had not used in a while. Skype prompted me to upgrade itself, and failed to upgrade (error message about not being able to overwrite). So I deleted the old version, and downloaded and installed the newest version.
When I started it up, all except a couple of my contacts say "Pending contact request".

Zedman
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 21 (33,653 Views)

I also encountered this problem recently, Skyping from Mac to a Samsung tablet, where a friend was suddenly not accessible for video calls via the contacts menu. I also googled without finding aswers. However, I managed to solve the problem myself by clicking on the person's icon. Then options came up for both video call and phone call, and it was also possible to send a contact request. Hope this helps!

Austinite
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 21 (30,699 Views)

MyGloria wrote:

Thanks!

MyGloria wrote:

Thanks!

kathylomen7777
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 21 (28,598 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling