Downloading skype on my new Macbook

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Downloading skype on my new Macbook

I just got my first Mac and I'm trying to download skype which I never had any problems with on my Dell but it is absolutely refusing to download. I've tried countless times. It will have the downloading thing in the upper right hand corner in my browser and eventually will stop around 1.3 MB and call that finished downloading. When I click on it it says that it's not recognized. Any help would be much appreciated! I have 3 new baby cousins I want to meet! Thank you! :happy:

swimkels2012
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,445 Views)

Re: Downloading skype on my new Macbook

I'm having the same problem.

filajoe1
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 3 (1,438 Views)

Re: Downloading skype on my new Macbook

I don't think it has anything to do with your macbook. I didn't have any issues downloading Skype to my macbook. I think Skype is having some serious difficulties right now. All the latest posts complain of many different problems. I can't make any calls, or check my voicemail. Hopefully they will fix it soon so you can see your nieces and I can call my Mom. 

missheathergrac
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (1,433 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling