Delete old contacts?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Delete old contacts?

My friend had some old contacts in the contact list. The problem is that it seems impossible to remove any old contacts. I try to right click a contact name, but nothing happens. And in the top menu there is no option for deleting a contact. Since there is some contacts not in use at all, it would be great to have the deleted. How do i delete the old contacts??
Posted from Apple iPhone

Accepted Solution

by Claudius
Select the contact in the "All contacts" list and hit "Backspace" on your keyboard to delete a contact from your list.
View solution in original post
blogtweeter1
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 1 of 59 (63,949 Views)

Re: Delete old contacts?

Select the contact in the "All contacts" list and hit "Backspace" on your keyboard to delete a contact from your list.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10206
Message 2 of 59 (63,853 Views)

TY very much 4 yr quick reply!

I will try this asap!

blogtweeter1
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 3 of 59 (63,844 Views)

Hello, not sure if you can help me. I just subscribed to Sype premium because i read you could chat online with customer support. Do you know how I may able to do this? Actually all my contacts from Skype for soemreason have been erased as I downloaded an old(er) version of skype and then re-downloaded the newset version. HELP! Kind Regards Rex
0 Kudos
rexorat
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 59 (63,840 Views)

I've tried everything suggested to delete a contact-- right click, delete button on keyboard and back space, but nothing is allowing me to delete. I can only block. What's up with this? I'm testing Skype, but this is a ridiculous issue. Can any help?

JulieFrazier1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 5 of 59 (63,696 Views)

This solution did not work!

JulieFrazier1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 6 of 59 (63,694 Views)

My first blog! If you right click on the contact name, and click 'close' the name disappears. This appears to have been dealt with in the latest version of skype, where a delete contact button now works to remove them. Voila!
0 Kudos
diet_delight
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 59 (63,541 Views)

Hi, I just posted the solution to your problem. I agree it was very frustrating...
diet_delight
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 59 (63,541 Views)

I have a MAC and it keeps telling me to delete the contact from the Mac Address book.  I can't find the address book and didn't know I had one.  Anyone help on this one?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
coleandmoe
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 59 (63,449 Views)

I found that if you right click on the contact and a pop up box will appear and at the bottom of the box it shows a garbage can that says remove old contacts . left click on it and my old contact dissapered .I hope it works for you

ronsilzer79
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 59 (62,532 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling