Re: DO A BETTER INTERFACE !

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype, since that latest update, has quickly gone from one of my favorite applications to my most hated application in the entirety of my application arsenal. Truly truly terrible job on this one guys, I'm not impressed. In fact the magnitude of Skype's **bleep**up on this one is downright impressive.

1. Let us have AT LEAST THE OPTION of separating the chat/call windows from each other, as well as the contacts window so we don't have to keep clicking in the side bar when switching conversations.

2. Let me have the "don't **bleep** around with my mic settings" option like Windows users do. It insults my intelligence when Skype thinks it knows more about my mic settings than I do, which it clearly completely and utterly fails at.

Fix this soon, or I stop buying skype credit. Honestly.

enjakobsen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 17 (228 Views)

Unfortunately they are not going to listen or care what their customers think. These boards and every place else have been nothing but complaints about version 5 every since it was in beta. Skype just for forges ahead with this POS UI and tells every body to suck it up. I already voted with my wallet, I canceled my long standing subscription. Everybody needs to complain LOUDLY to skype from within the skype application under the "skype" header then "provide feedback to skype". They don't read these forums.

dannyt
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 57
Message 12 of 17 (225 Views)

[ Edited ]

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO RESIZE A COLUMN?

Its terrible! If you get lucky you will be able to resize it in a way you can read more than 4 letters of someone's name. The mouse will only turn into the resize-style once every 20 or 30 clicks, after it does you will resize the wrong column. And if you get it the way you want, it is a matter of changing one pixel of the whole window and everything is ruined.

This is simple stuff. Call back the guy that designed/copied Windows 3.1 UI and he might give you some really good insights on how to do it right.

BetoT
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 13 of 17 (209 Views)

Yes.its awful
ohh
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 14 of 17 (121 Views)

Skype, a brilliant core technology with an incredibly stupid UI with the worst customer support ever.

skype-sucks
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 15 of 17 (95 Views)

I've come to understand that Skype is planning to drop support for old Skype versions now. This is a terrible blow for all of us who are still on version 2.8 because of the terrible UI and functionality changes that came after this version.

It appears that it is time to search for an alternative to Skype... (but that's not going to be easy).

unsound
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 16 of 17 (84 Views)

unsound wrote:

I've come to understand that Skype is planning to drop support for old Skype versions now. This is a terrible blow for all of us who are still on version 2.8 because of the terrible UI and functionality changes that came after this version.

It appears that it is time to search for an alternative to Skype... (but that's not going to be easy).

Indeed, and I just started a new thread on this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/Skype-to-discontinue-support-for-older-OS-X-versions/td-p/3226504

Obviously, MS has not listened to the many constructive comments posted to this thread, and now it appears that we will be forced to use the bloated new design. That is, if we continue to use Skype after this as well as the new iOS app disaster.

Flyonzewall
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 37
Message 17 of 17 (67 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling