Re: Creating a custom status?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

[ Edited ]

Thanks, I understood this also, but what instructions 'below'? 'Below' where?

The instructions that I see in this thread are not clear, even if they are for a custom message besides the avatar.

Posted from Apple iPad
mbase
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 18 (1,605 Views)

Re: Creating a custom status? Default mood and time limited mood.

Hi,

I would like to set a certain mood only for a limited time. For example: "I am in Malta" but until Feb 2nd ...after this date the mood shall revert automatically to some Default mood, for example "Back home". The same concept can be applied to status .... I want to be "offline" or "not available" for the next 2 hours, for example (I am at the opera), then revert to "Available" 

thanks for considering my proposal

Aurelian

aurelian-yo3
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 12 of 18 (1,159 Views)

I fairly boggles the mind that this isn't an existing feature. I hope Skype takes this kind of into account as they merge with Windows Live Messanger. Because in WLM, setting custom statuses has been in place and use for a long time.

nawakmayt
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 13 of 18 (1,011 Views)

Didn't work for me, but I would like one of my custom statuses to be bathroom related, lol. Because one of them always is for other IM clients.

nawakmayt
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 14 of 18 (1,010 Views)

I understand that I can create a new "mood message" that would tell people that I've run to the store, but I have to open my profile to do that. Being able to create a custom status would mean that can change it from the icon on my task bar. We're not missing a feature, we want a new one - one that a lot of other message clients let you do.

lady_brianna
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 15 of 18 (433 Views)

Hey there

there's this trick for putting your mood message straight to your toolbar. 

Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 11.16.46.jpg

Open the Terminal application (in your Applications/Utilities) and paste in this command:

defaults write com.skype.skype ShowMoodMessageInToolbar YES

and press enter. After that restart Skype and you have an easily editable mood message in your toolbar :happy:

Cheers,

R.

haavre
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 77
Message 16 of 18 (429 Views)

[ Edited ]

It has been changed to " mood " field now. Its on your profile. profile window opens when you click on your name at top left.  http://dalip.in

dalip.in
Novel Tourist
Message 17 of 18 (252 Views)

Thanks for the mood-at-your-fingertips tip for Mac.

How do you do it for Windows?

GreenAsJade
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 18 (187 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling