Re: Contacts Monitor theme

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Contacts Monitor theme

Hi

I've just upgraded to the latest version of Skype 5.8.0.945.

The Contacts Monitor (Window/Contacts Monitor) no longer has the nice black partially opaque window. I now have a ghastly grey / white window.

Does anyone know how I can return the theme of the Contacts Monitor window to what it was in the realease probably just prior to 5.8.0.945.

Many thanks

D

LondonSkypeUser
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 7 (577 Views)

PS I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8

LondonSkypeUser
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 7 (575 Views)

I've just upgraded to the latest version of Skype 5.8.0.945.

The Contacts Monitor (Window/Contacts Monitor) no longer has the nice black partially opaque window. I now have a ghastly grey / white window.

No one is ever satisfied! Not having a dig at you but there are supposedly thousands who want version 2.8 back and, when they make the Contacts monitor like the 2.8 version (even though it's now very easy to make very small and innocuous) there will be those who aren't satisfied and prefer the newer partially opaque version. I'm actually with you on the colour of it but I do like the way it can be made really small now.

rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 148
Message 3 of 7 (565 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I do appreciate that you can't please all the people all the time, but a 10 second question to any experienced Digital Designer would see that the window in comparison to the former version looks like something sourced from Microsoft Visual Studio.

Most Mac owners enjoy an appreciation of beauty - probably why they parted with ££££ or $$$$ for their hardware.

This 'ghastly' window I feel is ill thought out and something I'm not going to have open on my desktop as I feel Skype should be something that subtly complements your workflow - not fighting for attention in the foreground.

Anyhow - perhaps one solution for me is to go back a version as I had no problems with the former anyway.

Can anyone help in pointing me to an up to date link for rolling back a version.

Many thanks in advance

D

LondonSkypeUser
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (560 Views)

Give oldapps.com/skype.php a try...

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 298
Message 5 of 7 (557 Views)

Thanks for the link - an amazing site!

For Apple users:

http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php

Ah now back to my lovely black, semi-opaque Contacts Monitor window :happy:

LondonSkypeUser
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (552 Views)

Hello World!

...and for those that want their partially opaque black Contacts Monitor theme back - simply roll back to 5.7.0.1130 and your desktop will have more of an Apple sense about it.....

Power to the people!

LondonSkypeUser
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (537 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling