Chat window size

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Chat window size

I cant get the IM window size to be narrow. I know how to resize it but the limitations are lame. I have written skype to try to get them to change it but so far no change that I am aware of. I just updated to version 6.3 and was very disappointed that they didnt add that feature.(to be able to make the IM window very narrow)

I keep version 2.8.0.866 on my computer as well as the new one just for chatting so I can make the IM window very narrow and to the side of any other open documents or windows. But it is a hassle switching back and forth.

The old version will let you make the IM window about 1.5" - 2" wide, much narrower than the new one. I have attached some picts for comparison

janicej77
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (420 Views)

Re: Chat window size

I have same problem and dont know what to do!  Very frustrating!!

I cannot use v2.8 because people with iPad cannot video with me so I am stuck with this crappy v6.x

Any soluton in sight???!!!

nmk
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (277 Views)

Hey,

maybe an alternative for you could be to minimize the main window, then select "Contacts monitor" from Window menu. Then you get a narrow window with all the contacts and the individual conversations can be dragged to be smaller than the main window.

Hope this helps a bit :happy:

Cheers,

R.

haavre
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 126
Message 3 of 6 (269 Views)

Thanks R but I am using a Mac and that function is not available.

nmk
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (263 Views)

You should have it, i'm on a mac as well.

So just open the "Contacts monitor" from this menu:

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 10.30.54.jpg

And then you should see this:

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 10.31.10.jpg

haavre
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 126
Message 5 of 6 (246 Views)

Ok, now I see it, thank you!

nmk
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (231 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling