Cannot sign in

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Cannot sign in

[ Edited ]

I have Skype on MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.6.8.

I have been using Skype for several year, including this laptop; the last time 4 hours ago.

Today, I setup another Skype account. And now I am experiencing the following problems:

1. With my new Skype account, I can't sign in with the Skype application:

"Skype can't connect". However, using the same login name and password I am able to enter my account via a browser and, e.g., change the password. (But it does not help as I can't use the application).

2. With my old Skype account, I can't sign in with the Skype application, and I can't login via the browser.

3. The same problem appear when I am trying to sign in via the Skype application on my iPhone.

4. When I am "checking for updates" from the unsigned Skype application on the laptop, I am getting a message "Skype was unable to check for an update".

All these problems appeared simultaneously.

How can I resolve this problem? Any help is highly appreciated.

Volnoved
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (138 Views)

Re: Cannot sign in

I should add that on my MacBook Pro, the Skype version is 6.3.0.602.

Volnoved
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (134 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling