Can't see the other party on video calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can't see the other party on video calls

[ Edited ]

I have a Mac. When I make skype video calls, my party sees me, but I can't see them. They have a Mac air computer.

It is so frustrating....Can anyone help please...

FarzanehTofighi
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 33 (13,381 Views)

Re: Can't see the other party on video calls

I have the same problem.   I'm new to Skype so I need help on this as well.

andreanguyen13
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 33 (13,327 Views)

I've got the same problem as well..

jerseygirl7842
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 33 (13,297 Views)

This is really annoying!  Would someone please DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!  I recently updated my Skype to the latest version, and I'm getting HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE video calls -- takes 3 or 4 tries to actually see the other person on the other end, plus it's SO **bleep** SLOWWWW if I do get a picture (same computer, same connection as before).    What's going on with SKYPE?  I've been a Skype user for years, and I have to admit that this is as bad as it gets!  Very dissapointed . . .

osxradu
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 33 (13,294 Views)

I am using an IMac 27 and since switching to a router I cannot get a picture but they can see me.
Seems others are having the same trouble too
Would like an answer
graemewinters
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 33 (13,286 Views)

It seems I have the same problem as many of you.  I have only used Skype a few times before and that was on my old PC and it all worked fine.  I recently brought a 27" iMac and now i cant get Skype video to work properly.

The other person can see me and we can both hear clearly - but i do not get an image on my screen, it is just black.

However, if i click on the help button, the help scren opens and there is a "small" video image of my friend there.  I can then close the help screen taking me back to the black screen with the "small" video image in the centre of the screen.  There are no controls to increase the size and it is really too small to be of much good.

Does anyone..... like a Skype technician read and answer these questions - or is it up to us to muddle our way around until someone comes up with an answer?

annhew
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 33 (13,233 Views)

Yes I have exactly the same problem. When I click on Facetime I can see a small picture of the other party.

Someone please help!

telman
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 33 (13,197 Views)

I'm having the same problem.  I have a MacBook Pro and everything is latest version.  I can see the other party, but they can't see me.  My settings are correct, and when I check Skype/Preferences/audio video - the webcam works fine.

Need help please! 

vickipotter
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 33 (13,122 Views)

Same issue as everyone else here. i can see my other party, but they can't see me. Is anyone going to give an answer for that?
Manni
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 33 (13,034 Views)

I also have the same problem described here on a brand new Mac Book Air 13". Just updated latest version of Lion OSX and Skype for Mac on Christmas day. No help in the support forums, can Skype look at this and answer?
Kismet
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 33 (13,005 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling