Can't open my Skype account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can't open my Skype account

I have downloaded the application. All is well until I try to open my page. At this point my daughters page opens in my account. 

Any ideas ?

OAB
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (1,813 Views)

Re: Can't open my Skype account

Assuming you've installed Skype from the .dmg file, all you need to do is sign out of your daughter's account and sign in with your username and password.  When Skype is running, click on the File dropdown menu (third item from the left at the top of your monitor's screen).  Sign Out is the last item in the list.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 302
Message 2 of 5 (1,696 Views)

You must open your Skype account from your application icon like you're signing up fo like you're signing up for Skype
Posted from HTC Incredible ADR6300
fbrown23
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (1,080 Views)

Do not open by typing into the Do not open by typing into the address line on your browser. That's only how you sign up for Skype.
Posted from HTC Incredible ADR6300
fbrown23
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (1,079 Views)

I have same problem. further skype insists that i merge my account with my daughters

shashib
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (579 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling