Can't make outgoing calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't make outgoing calls

I'm using Mac OSC 10.6.8 with the latest version of Skype.

I can't make any outgoing calls, when I try to call it starts to connect (no ringing tone) and makes the bubble type sound before cutting off. The strangest thing is that the contacts I am calling can call me and we have no problem.

I've tried reinstalling which hasn't worked.

Can anyone reccomend a fix?

Eddlewington
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (1,851 Views)

Re: Can't make outgoing calls

i have this same exact problem too. it only started to happen very recently... not sure exactly if it was with a Skype update or since i upgraded from Lion to Mavericks.... but one thing for sure..... IT"S VERY FRUSTRATING !!!!!

jpbarthet
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 9 (1,784 Views)

Does anyone have an answer?

miadlor
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (1,525 Views)

PLEASE someone help! I can't beleive a company as big as skype doesn't have an actual support department at least by email!

I PAID  to be able to make outgoing land line calls with skype, it hasn't been working for over a month.

I call out, it gives me the "bubbly" hang up sound instantly then says I have to pay.

My subscription doesn't run out until June, (two months from now)

I have lost over a month of what I paid for.

This is my business line and this is totally unacceptable, PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER THESE POSTS!

Cosmo

tricksite.com
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (1,504 Views)

I have the same problem. It's got gradually worse to the point that it doesn't work at all.

When I make a call there is a sound Skype "dialling" a number, it then goes silent. It doesn't ring out and it never connects. After a while it will hang up.

I'm on OSX 10.9.2 and Skype Version 6.15. Anyone with an answer out there??

JunoWatt
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 9 (1,451 Views)

I cannot find the flipping DIAL PAD, ---REALLY??? So, no, cannot make any calls, sure took my $$ for credit , though...  S

So You are on a Mac, can you shed ANY light on how this works? I created an account over a year ago, nothing looks the same...

Jeanette60621
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (1,439 Views)

Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 5.00.22 PM.jpg

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 341
Message 7 of 9 (1,434 Views)

we also cant make any outgoing calls, instead of calling the landline number, skype is trying to 'connect'. please skype support assist or refund our skype credit, thanks

themutzis
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (784 Views)

I also have the same problem, on two different laptops. Where is the answer?

cordeliaskype
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 9 (665 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling