Blocked contacts can see they are blocked

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Blocked contacts can see they are blocked

Does somebody know if they've fixed this or not in last updates?

Thanks,

Francesco.

fransu7
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 39 (18,077 Views)

[ Edited ]

A red cloud sign is basically skypes way of telling you this person can no loger contact you. Thus meaning yes..this person is blocked if the cloud is red with a little crossthough circle in the middle :happy::happy:

Albaloo1 wrote:
Hi, I blocked a person few days ago and now I can see the same name on recent activity with red cloud sign. What does it mean?

Rihleefire
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 12 of 39 (18,021 Views)

Just a bug with a dress ...

I really want to block people without removing from the list, I might need to unblock them eventually

This was possible before, why on earth are you ruining everything !

GabrielR
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 13 of 39 (17,923 Views)

I love that picture :bigsmile:

I'm curious about what's the use case for blocking a contact and wanting to keep them in your list of *contacts* ?
You can see a list of all your blocked contacts in Skype's Preferences -> Privacy -> Manage blocked contacts. So you can easily get them added back from there.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11884
Message 14 of 39 (17,886 Views)

I don't keep blocked people in my list; and I don't care if they can see they are blocked, they are blocked because I don't want contact with them.....as for the changes to Skype thank Microsoft they own it.

bearzstuff
Casual Tourist
Message 15 of 39 (17,423 Views)

yes thats right

networkers
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 39 (17,411 Views)

if you can see a question mark it means she is just no longer friends/shared contact on skype. she removed you from contacts. does not mean you are blocked

barttiii wrote:

i can still see my girlfriends account of skyp but I see a : ?  ( account holder dont show her account to you) mean this she blocked me of just removed me of her skype?

Rihleefire
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 39 (16,702 Views)

It shouldn't do that, if I block someone it usually comes up as I'm offline.

katsisi
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 39 (16,687 Views)

I sometimes block contacts who are friends of mine when I want to stop talking to them but I don't want to be rude and just ignore them. Then I can say goodbye and 'leave' but still stay online and chat to other people. If I could appear offline to selected contacts instead of all of them, I'd do that to the same effect. If someone knows I blocked them, they can ask me why and that's a conversation I'd rather avoid because its awkward for everyone.  

yarnparty
Casual Tourist
Message 19 of 39 (16,595 Views)

[ Edited ]

That's a really annoying bug (not a feature, for sure) and even maybe something more than annoying in some cases.  I've just discovered that and I'm quite disappointed.  I have one contact blocked since two months... so you're telling me that he realized it?
I meet that person often and I NEED to appear kind to him for some reasons. I just didn't want to chat with him without making him know...
I also checked on Skype forums and guide about what a contact would see if I block them, and always found that they just would see me as offline! Today I realized that it was not true, and this topic confirms that.
wow...

GA2
Tourist
Message 20 of 39 (15,918 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling