Automatic sign in

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Automatic sign in

[ Edited ]

How do I disable the automatic sign in? I do not want skype to start automatically every time I turn on the computer but I mistakenly clicked on that option during setup. I have looked in Preferences and there is no option to disable that function there.

luisgabrielsthe
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 24 (42,704 Views)

Re: Automatic sign in

You can accomplish this in System Preferences.  Open Users & Groups, then select Login Items.  Scroll down the list until you find Skype, then select it.  Finally, click on the subtraction symbol beneath the scrollable list to delete Skype.  Note that simply unselecting Skype in the list will not prevent its loading at startup.  You must actually remove it.  Next time you boot the computer, Skype will not load.  

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 299
Message 2 of 24 (42,568 Views)

Re: Automatic sign in screen

I want to disable the skype checked option on the login screen for "automatic login" but the login happens before I can uncheck the option.  I find nothing in skype preferences that allows me to uncheck the automatic signin.  control clicking on the skype icon when it is in my dock does not provide that option either.  There has to be a way to uncheck the option so that a different user can access their own skype account.  If I open skype on my Mac, it automatically signs me in.  Help!

rofb22
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 24 (42,502 Views)

First log out of your account, then log back in.  Be certain to tick the box BEFORE logging in.  Should work.

--
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 24 (42,481 Views)

I accidentally enabled "auto-sign in".  Everytime I start skype I am automatically signed in into my account.  Unfortunately I have not found a way to remove this auto sign in proceedure. 

I thought I can do this on the sign-out screen, but when I sign out of skype, I do not get a sign out screen. Neither do I get a sign in screen, when signing in.

At the moment my skype acount, has monopolized skype on this computer.

What can I do? Thanks for your help, my room-mates are getting a bit annoid...

Thanks,

florian011
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 24 (41,733 Views)

Its easy...!! I did the same and after an hour I find out how to do it..!!! Just login and go to FILE and at the end of the list you will see LOG OUT.. click it and you will be on the login main page.. Uncheck the SIGN ME IN WHEN SKYPE STARTS...

jjdiaz67
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 24 (41,335 Views)

Sorry..!! I said LOG OUT instead of SIGN OUT... Click on SIGN OUT

jjdiaz67
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 24 (41,330 Views)

I have the same problem on my mac. Even though I tried uninstall Skype and install it again it signs me in automatically, what can I do??
lulk08
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 8 of 24 (39,166 Views)

Try doing as suggested by others in this thread.
--
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Message 9 of 24 (39,159 Views)

Well...I tried do the things suggested in this thread.

But I don't even get the chance to sign in again after I log off. It still does it automatically.

I even tried uninstall Skype completely and when I install it again it just signs me on automatically again.

Posted from Apple iPad
lulk08
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 10 of 24 (39,158 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling