Annoying high pitched beeping sound during call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Annoying high pitched beeping sound during call

Hello,

My girlfriend and i recently updated our versions of skype to the newest version. Now there is this ANNOYING high pitched beeping sounds, and it is driving me crazy. How do i stop this? i know its feedback from the speakers but how the hell do i stop this? it is driving me insane.

ceo617
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 10 (4,839 Views)

Re: Annoying high pitched beeping sound during call

I'm having the exact same problem. Both of us are running the newest versions. I hear the constant high pitched feedback on both my PC and Mac. Still haven't figured out a solution. Any advice?
cschase
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 10 (4,431 Views)

I'm having the same exact problem, but we're both on Windows. It just won't stop!!!! This needs fixed, and fast.

BlackRoseMuse
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 10 (4,407 Views)

Did this ever get resolved or does anyone know a way of sorting this.  I have the same issue and have a new macbook (3 weeks old) and will be using Skype almost every day.  I only get this when talking to someone else on a lap top and not when I talk to someone on a pc.....  Any help to resolve and remove the high pitched incessant beeping will be great.  Thank you

Pippak
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 10 (4,098 Views)

[ Edited ]

That sound is a form of feedback that occurs with skype and does not occur with other "egG" products.  One solution is to use headphones. This will seperate the incoming and outgoing audio streams. I hope this helps and I wish skype the best. But the beeping sond sure makes it hard to enjoy skype.

Itsme7777777
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (3,211 Views)

I know this is an old thread but has Skype done anything to help prevent this, I am having this problem severely.  Chirping screech gets extremely loud at some points, very unpleasant.

NAJones0711
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 10 (1,695 Views)

I'm having the same problem...did you ever resolve this issue?  I hear it constantly in my headphones, but the person I'm speaking with doesn't.

saint10
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 10 (1,237 Views)

I have this issue as well. I run a PC, Windiws 7 and have the past months experienced this. I reasoned that my headset was getting really old, so maybe that was the problem, so I just bought a new one today, and the high pitch is still there. It is really annoying, and kinda ruins the experience.

LadyKilla
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 10 (872 Views)

I finally had to buy a new wireless headset (Logitech) and the beeping sound is gone...crossing my fingers!

saint10
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 10 (863 Views)

when my friend and i do skype, she complains about a constant beeping sound. how do i fix this?

zozobozo991
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 10 (168 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling