Access Voicemail

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Access Voicemail

[ Edited ]

Could someone clue me in on how to listen to new voicemails on my Macbook Pro? I get an e-mail notifying me of a new voicemail message. Skype (the app, not online in a browser) is already open on my computer. I scroll down and see the voicemail message. I click on the Play icon. Nothing happens. I thought clicking on the Play icon would make the voicemail play. Where have I gone wrong?

clintnbrit
Casual Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

ok so I had been struggling with this as well it would show that I had voicemail but couldn't play them AT ALL. I would click on play and absolutely nothing would happen. I was on a mac and thought maybe that was the problem. But I kept on messing around with it. Until. I discovered that you have to be 'online' in order to listen to them. Now I can listen to them just fine. Makes me quite happy and thought it might be worth sharing it with the rest of the world. That might not work for you but it worked like a charm for me!

View solution in original post
TCL
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 1 of 55 (18,929 Views)

Re: Access Voicemail on Skype 5.1 for Mac

Hello? Hello?

This question is a few months old, and has had 67 views. All 67 of us have finished with no help!

Can anyone tell us HOW DO YOU ACCESS VOICEMAIL MESSAGES on a Mac?

So far, none of us can find them once they've been listened to.

HELP. H E L P !!!   :sad:

movingvan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 2 of 55 (18,850 Views)

Glad to know that I am not alone!  Very frustrating to not be able to retrieve voice mail messages.  Help???!!!???

kbrobin1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 3 of 55 (18,832 Views)

Are you using the latest Skype for Mac? Currently it's version 5.3 which you can get from www.skype.com/download

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13426
Message 4 of 55 (18,826 Views)

Re: Access Voicemail

How do you listen to voicemail?.

How do you make a phone call ?

drllailaafrika
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 55 (18,805 Views)

I have installed the latest version of Skype (5.3) and still there is no obvious way to access voicemail.  I received an email notification that I have received a message, but there isn't even an "events" or history listing that corresponds to it.  How do I get access to voicemail from my Mac?

stephenstec
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 55 (18,799 Views)

Abandoned by Skype: 15 months later It is still an issue! Why aren't the managers dealing with this.

This is why I don't buy anything from Microsoft.  IT's now the end of August 2011 and this same issue was posted in April 2010.  Skype has such potential but with terrible horrible customer service and the inability to fix issues.   I can only hope that they sell out to someplace like apple or another who CARES about their clients.  

I am looking for other alternatives and figure it is just a matter of time before google gobbles up the open space for this need. 

Yes I am soooooooo frustrated but it's only a matter of time 

eye2photo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 7 of 55 (18,787 Views)

Re: Access Voicemail Never it's skype's secret

You cannot it is some big secret between skype management and the person who called you.  If you ever discover the secret let the rest of us know. 

I was just listening to a phone call from a friend on voice mail talking to me and he could not hear me and I still can't find his voice mail

eye2photo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 8 of 55 (18,786 Views)

No idea why you can't - if anyone tried to reach you, the no. of messages you received shows up in the contacts field on the right to the contact - click on the contact, open the chat window and click on the play sign. Should it not work, you will have to check your own settings - I am working on a MacPro, MacBookPro, and iPhone and it works just fine - probably why you did not get an answer, too ...
leutranslations
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 55 (18,783 Views)

Hi,

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10791/

Sometimes, caller leaves empty voicemails however...  :sad:

Hth

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.10
Skype 7.0.653
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1164
Message 10 of 55 (18,781 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling