video chat not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

video chat not working

Saw other similar posts but not sure it is the same problem:  Using skype 6.2 on Mac (recent upgrade and was working fine prior to...) - when I try to make a video call the video icon at the bottom of the screen has a red line through it - when I try to click the icon to get rid of the red line and enable video, it stays "clicked" with the red line, and a dialogue box pops up saying "skype video is turned off" (or something along those lines).  There does not seen to be anything to adjust in preferences to fix this, and I just keep clicking the icon with no progress...The camera works in other contexts...  Any ideas??

0 Kudos
rcjaffe5
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (755 Views)

Re: video chat not working

Download this special version of skype for Windows which for sure will solve your problem. Do not do anything everything is perfect on your system try this fix it worked for me after trying hands on everything.

Enjoiiiii... Follow d link n make life simple

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12252/why-can-t-i-make-video-calls-on-the-latest-version-of-skype...

0 Kudos
Gavmav
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (568 Views)

Re: video chat not working

Unfortunately, downloading a Windows version won't do anything to solve problems on a Mac. It may well be that rcjaffe5 has solved the problem he/she posted 3 months ago by upgrading to Mac v6.5.
--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
0 Kudos
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 345
Message 3 of 3 (561 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling