same account on 2 computers?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

same account on 2 computers?

Hi,

Can I have the same account for two computers. I already have an account and would like to use skype and access the same account from a new computer that does not yet have skype installed. the skype website ogffers no solution to this - and asks me to start a new account if I want to download skype

thanks

0 Kudos
Bingod
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (2,560 Views)

Re: same account on 2 computers?

good luck I can't figure it out either
0 Kudos
Roxieraby
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (2,417 Views)

Re: same account on 2 computers?

You'll have to install the Skype application on the second computer (or third or fourth or...) in order to use it to make calls.  It is not necessary to create a new account.  The download page asks that you EITHER sign in OR create an account.  Simply sign in with your credentials, and begin the download.  Install the application, open it, and sign in with your login and password, and Bob's your uncle.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
0 Kudos
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 341
Message 3 of 3 (2,406 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling