my video won't work on my mac

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

my video won't work on my mac

Up until a few weeks ago everything was working fine with skype. But then my video stopped working. I can press the video button in a call but first time nothing happens and then I have just a black box with the loading circle, and no one can see me, it also doesn't show a picture when I look on the audio/video settings. I know it's not the camera as it works with other video applications

emililycade
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 5 (9,062 Views)

Re: my video won't work on my mac

I have the same problem, it started a couple of days ago. I cannot see my image on skype, just a black box and facetima keeps getting in the way. We use our skype in our other pcs and it's working fine. Hope someone comes up with a solution

krobre
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 5 (8,999 Views)

same thing .. how do u fix it???
lexadiggory
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (8,719 Views)

Re: my video won't work on my Mac

Video was working fine until a few days ago , now when I try to turn it on all that I see is it trying to connect but only for a few seconds have sound and can see other but they can't see me. please help thanks

jens
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (8,278 Views)

We can't see the people we call and they can't see us on our iPad 3.

We can see ourselves.

We have voice contact.

0 Kudos
jette
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (7,789 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling