how to open my webcam window before the call so I ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

how to open my webcam window before the call so I can see what the camera angle looks like?

I used skype in dec 2009, and it was very easy and quick to use.   But in the past few days, I tryed to use it again, and I am having all sorts of trouble.   First I can't figure out how to get my video window open before the call.  I wanted to set up some lighting so it wasn't too dark for the videocall, but what do I click on to make it appear??  

Also, I can receive calls but can't call out.  I press on the call button, but nothing happens.  So I have to wait for the other person to call me.

Frustrating!  Lots more little issues like this.  What do I do?  The directions online just don't work.  Thanks in advance.  

jayematchett
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (5,403 Views)

Re: how to open my webcam window before the call so I can see what the camera angle looks like?

As far as seeing what your side of the conversation will look like, I usually go to the menu and Skype > Preferences (or command-comma), and click Audio/Video. 

That should show you what you need to see to prepare :happy:

0 Kudos
MissG
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (5,386 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling