how do I remove a person from a conversation?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

how do I remove a person from a conversation?

I have looked everywhere and can not figure out how to remove someone from a conversation using the Mac. Everyone else tells me all they have to do is right click on the name and that is an option. I do not get options when I right click. I tried logging in on my phone and there is an option and it says the person is removed but when I log on he is still there....any ideas?

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

type /kick <skype id> in the chat box and hit enter will work to eject the specified user in the group

However, only the original CREATOR is able to do it, unless they grant other people MASTER rights.

type /help in the skype chat for all the info that you need

More information about chat commands and roles here;

What are chat commands and roles?

Hope The Information Is Helpful.

View solution in original post
Edwinhotdogs
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Try instead of typing the person's Chat name, Type thier full username to kick.

So like if thier name it shows when chatting is "Jaxson Barlow" And his username is "jaxson01pd2017" You should type

/kick jaxson01pd2017 

View solution in original post
gidacaprica
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 8 (132,487 Views)

Re: how do I remove a person from a conversation?

[ Edited ]

type /kick <skype id> in the chat box and hit enter will work to eject the specified user in the group

However, only the original CREATOR is able to do it, unless they grant other people MASTER rights.

type /help in the skype chat for all the info that you need

More information about chat commands and roles here;

What are chat commands and roles?

Hope The Information Is Helpful.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6193
Message 2 of 8 (132,382 Views)

OH YAY!!!! Thank you!

0 Kudos
gidacaprica
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 8 (132,374 Views)

You are very welcome, glad to help.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6193
Message 4 of 8 (132,372 Views)

Hello Tamim,
I have created a chat group, therefore am the creator, and have assigned myself role of master, but still I can not /kickban anyone from the group that is posting inappropriate comments. I can remove their message, though. But when I type "/kickban chatname" nothing shows on the display to indicate any action took place, and later the same person is still able to post.
Any help is appreciated.
Jim Bentz
0 Kudos
skypejbentz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 8 (132,193 Views)

that's wierd cause people randomly kick people and they don't create the chat but they don't have "master rights"

dangoh33
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 8 (131,905 Views)

so is it completly inpossible to delet them if u r not the creator of the converstaion?!

0 Kudos
go1234
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 8 (123,889 Views)

Try instead of typing the person's Chat name, Type thier full username to kick.

So like if thier name it shows when chatting is "Jaxson Barlow" And his username is "jaxson01pd2017" You should type

/kick jaxson01pd2017 

Edwinhotdogs
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 8 (118,970 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling