deleting skype name from drop down menu

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

deleting skype name from drop down menu

I want to get rid of one of my skype accounts on my drop down menu. I have a macbook pro anyone know how to do this?

0 Kudos
jakewexler92
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (3,034 Views)

Re: deleting skype name from drop down menu

Navigate to /Users/YourComputerUserName/Library/Application Support/Skype/

if you are on Lion or Mountain Lion, this folder will have been hidden by default. If this is the case, press Command-Shirt-G to open the 'Go to Folder..." menu, and input the path above. 

Find the username you want to take off the login dropdown menu. delete the whole folder titled with that name. BEWARE, because this also deletes ALL CHAT HISTORY you may have saved on that computer. however, your chat history should still be available on Skype's servers. 

Your Skype ID has now been removed from the dropdown menu. Along with any data associated with that Skype name. 

ozzyk
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 2 (3,021 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling