camera not showing me on Skype using latest versio...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: camera not showing me on Skype using latest version of iMac os x and Skype

Tried that, still not working though

MarsMonkey
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 41 of 76 (11,643 Views)

Upgrading to 5.7.0.1130 has fixed this issue.
Had to download it directly form the website (not appearing in automatic update yet)
thtas
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 42 of 76 (11,549 Views)

I am gaving the same problem. Any idea how to address this issue?

rmadden
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 43 of 76 (11,523 Views)

To fix the issue see message 16. You have to downgrade to an older version:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Video-on-Mac/camera-not-showing-me-on-Skype-using-latest-version-of-iM...

You will have to wait few months until they release a newer version that fixes it.

0 Kudos
armenzg
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 44 of 76 (11,518 Views)

I'm an old guy, and don't have much knowledge about computers.  I too am encountering the camera problem.  How do I download the old version (does it still work?)?  I tried to download it, but that didn't correct the problem.  How do I start fresh & get rid of all the new program that I downloaded? I'm using a Mac OS X 10.6.4

dook49
Novel Tourist
Message 45 of 76 (11,509 Views)

Hi!

You can learn more about uninstalling an app by readin this:

http://guides.macrumors.com/Uninstalling_Applications_in_Mac_OS_X

or watching this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUEHTqxwRHA

You can download the old app by visiting this URL:

http://download.oldapps.com/Skype/Apple/Skype_5.4.0.1771.dmg

0 Kudos
armenzg
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 46 of 76 (11,505 Views)

I also wish that someone from Skype would give us some practical answers. In fact, my video worked well for a while, and then I upgraded my iMac's system, not Skype's. I realize now that that's when my video stopped working when I opened Skype again. I have tried to fix it by reloading and reinstalling Skype, but nothing helped! Please your help! It's of the utmost importance for me, because my sister and family is overseas; I am with my mother, who is almost blind, and Skype has been the only vehicle to see my sister. Thanks.

danshap1
Novel Adventurer
Message 47 of 76 (11,492 Views)

I also downloaded from the internet the same version, however it didn't fix the problem. As mentioned earlier, the problem with the video started for me after I upgraded the iMac's system... I did go to the experts at the Apple store, but they all reassured me there was nothing wrong with my computer but rather with Skype, because the video camera is working fine with other programs. 

danshap1
Novel Adventurer
Message 48 of 76 (11,465 Views)

My problem seems very similar and possibly related. However, my camera works fine. People see me, but I cannot see them. Their cameras work fine and other people can see them when they skype, but I cannot get any incoming video. There is another thread about problems with incoming video, but perhaps these two problems are one and the same, just people are approaching it from the two sides.

I have an older Mac operating system: 10.5.6

I cannot afford to upgrade because I cannot afford all the software that I use for my work which I would then need to upgrade.

Skype was working fine for me until about 2 weeks ago. Then suddenly I stopped being able to see other people on Skype. (Though they can see me).

Did Skype release a new version that most people upgraded to?

The only thing I can think is that my older version of Skype (2.7.0.330 - I cannot use newer versions on my older op system) is now in some way incompatable with video coming from new versions of Skype. Does anyone out there have a way they could test  out this theory?

thx

0 Kudos
zzzimzzzam
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 49 of 76 (11,444 Views)

If anybody has heard from official Skype people on solution to this problem, please post, thanks.

Paulskypes

paulskypes
Casual Tourist
Message 50 of 76 (11,429 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling