Re: Wrong Phone Prefix to all my contacts + Deleti...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Wrong Phone Prefix to all my contacts + Deleting a phone number within a contact

I need to delete one of the phone numbers within a contact list under "Status". I did delete the whole contact info, but when I reinstall it by searching under " add Contact" it appears again all the inf that I deleted.

I'm having the problem also if I try to get any number from the list "Address Book", since automatically Skype has added my phone prefix to all (the ones within my country has double listed the prefix + the international ones has also my prefix) making all the list from address book worthless. To dial a number I have to do it by hand

I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8 + Skype  version 5.7.0.1037.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
otisiul53
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (596 Views)

Re: Wrong Phone Prefix to all my contacts + Deleting a phone number within a contact

I have the same issue and can not find a solution. I´ve just gone in to Skype preferences and turned off "Show Address Book Contacts". Then I created a new contact in Skype with the correct info. A hassle, yes, but I don´t have so many contacts to manage so...
0 Kudos
eswanke
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 5 (556 Views)

Re: Wrong Phone Prefix to all my contacts + Deleting a phone number within a contact

Me too any solutions thanks ; )
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Adventurouslife
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (474 Views)

I too have a skype contact list with the wrong country code in front of the contact number.  Where the contact in my iMac contacts file has a country code included in it already, skype has added an additional (correct or incorrect) country code.  I need to make all my skype-to-phone-calls manually on the skype dial pad.

If anyone has a useful approach to dealing with this I would be grateful to  hear from you, as we all would.

0 Kudos
chupenbub
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (435 Views)

Try this: In Skype's Calls preference panel, select "Select Country or Region" (the first item in the lengthy list of countries) rather than a a specific country.  Selecting a default country causes Skype to prefix telephones with +countrycode.  If your address book also includes country codes, you get extra digits.  Selecting NO country in Skype's preferences should solve the issue:

Screen Shot 2012-10-14 at 6.39.02 PM.jpg

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
0 Kudos
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 350
Message 5 of 5 (433 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling