Why Do I see myself in my own contact list???

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Why Do I see myself in my own contact list???

I was astonished today, when I went through my skype contact list and saw myself in my own list of contacts, but not with my own account nickname but with my real name and with the picture I use for my system account (in OS X) and where u get the status of people there is a phone icon, with my real home number on the side and my city and country right after.

So what is that? I asked a bunch of friends, nobody has themselves in their own lists...

Chris  

0 Kudos
Setherian
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (671 Views)

Re : Why Do I see myself in my own contact list???

Hi,

Check your Skype Preferences >>> General settings.

"Show Address Book Contacts" is probably ticked there.

Hth

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.10
Skype 7.0.653
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
0 Kudos
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1173
Message 2 of 4 (488 Views)

Re: Why Do I see myself in my own contact list???

Did you find an answer to this because I still dont understand. I also have a mac and in fact (i also see my full name and phone number) I have another picture too. ??????

0 Kudos
unicaelora
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 4 (453 Views)

Re: Why Do I see myself in my own contact list???

Was this question answered?

I too can see myself in my own contacts list, featuring my presonal phone number & a random picture that I don't want on there.

Can I remove this via my own account?

0 Kudos
DPicker
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (269 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling