Voice message arrives hours later

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Voice message arrives hours later

I see a missed call or let it go to voice mail, I get an email saying a voice message has been left, then it can take 2 hours or more before it appears in the desktop app so I can listen to it. Sometimes it never arrives. Is there another way I can listen to them until its fixed ? I down graded from latest Skype to V2.8 and the problem is still there, so its not the Mac desktop app. Any help please ?
0 Kudos
mbmark
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (139 Views)

Re: Voice message arrives hours later

You're not alone. I'm on a mac, but pick up my calls on a Linxys iPhone (heh) system, and others on the PC side are seeing the same thing:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Voicemail-delayed/td-p/750634

I think it's their servers, not our computers. (Hooray, Windows for taking over Skype and breaking it!)

We've been able to "get around it" albeit at some trouble by making a call, then hanging up and the voice messages come in. Try that mbmark!

(I'm moving off this system shortly because I can't have my work calls coming in hours later or keep having to guess if someone called if I walked away from my desk.)

0 Kudos
jeanegan
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: Voice message arrives hours later

I have the same problem too and am on Windows... it is driving me nutty.  I get the email notification and there is no voice message to be found. 

Ive tried the tip of making a call and yes - this has worked!!!!  I'll also lagit as a problem though as its not reasonable that we should hav to do this to pick up mail!

0 Kudos
Mandiemouse
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (118 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling