Video snapshot on Mac

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Video snapshot on Mac

Can anyone tell me if there are any major differences between the Windows and Mac versions of Skype? I've just switched to a Mac, and I used to be able to take video snapshots easily on my Windows PC, but now I can't seem to have that facility. Is there any way that I can do this?

0 Kudos
mikieoboats
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (8,891 Views)

Re: Video snapshot on Mac

There are significant differences between the Windows and Mac versions.  In Windows, there is a simple way to grab a screenshot from within Skype.  The Mac method is just as easy, but a bit convoluted.  To select a portion of your screen for capture, hit CMD-SHIFT-4.  The cursor will change from an arrow to a crosshair.  Position the crosshair at the top left of the area you want to capture, then click and hold the mouse button.  Drag down and to the right until you've selected what you want, then release the mouse button.  You'll find a Screen Shot on your desktop.  Actually, it's far easier to do than to describe.  Hope that helps...     :happy:

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 334
Message 2 of 2 (8,806 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling