Video Failure leading to log-out

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Video Failure leading to log-out

I recently updated to Skype 5.8 on my MacBookPro and ever since I've been having problems with my video. I can make a voice call with no problems. I can see others videos just fine but when I add my video the call will last another 10-30 seconds and then cut out. It appears I am getting logged out of Skype. I don't think my internet is going down because I'm still able to use other websites. Any suggestions. 

0 Kudos
bobbleheader
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (139 Views)

Re: Video Failure leading to log-out

I don't have your questioner's log-out problem, but I do have a problem activtivating video. Last night I made a series of calls, both from my iMac and my ipad, to my son-in-law's two ipads. all these devices have the latest version of skype installed. On my iMac I could see him but he couldn't see me. Using my ipad, neither of us could see each other. His webcams are plainly working, and my webcam also, since the output of my webcam appeared at the bootim right of my screen, irrespective of whether I was using the iMac or the ipad. Also, we both got the message "initiating video"; it's just that the video never in fact, initiated itself, except one-way, from his idad to my imac. What are we doing wrong? --Bernard Harrison

0 Kudos
abdelazert2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling