Text Message forwarding

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Text Message forwarding

is there a way to have Skype text message forwarded to my email?

Cheers

Stephen

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
Stephen0523
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (5,776 Views)

Re: Text Message forwarding

Hi, 

Skype doesn't support incoming text messages - you can set up an SMS ID which allows you to send SMS messages from Skype and receive the answer to your mobile phone.

To do this, go to Skype -> Preferences -> Messaging. After you have validated your mobile number, all SMS messages you send from Skype will display your mobile number as the sender ID.

-----

If you found my post helpful, please give "Kudos". If my post solved the issue, please mark it as a solution.

Click here to find out how to contact Customer Service directly
0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
sirel
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 42
Message 2 of 4 (5,537 Views)

Hi. Sorry. What I am trying to do is if some one sends me a typed message on my Skype, is there a way to get that message on my BlackBerry?

Regards

Stephen

Please use plain text.
Stephen0523
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 4 (5,527 Views)

should i do this, will the sender be charged for replying to skype then have skype forward it to my mobile? if yes, do you know how much will that cost? thanks. 

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
bettygaufo
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (2,370 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling