Skype wont log me in at start up

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype wont log me in at start up

I have been using Skype for years and years and its always automatically logged me in when the computer starts. Some weeks ago this stopped happening. It said login failed on the app screen. When I then enter my password and manually login it works. I have checked the box to remember password but that does not work. I have upgraded to the latest version and still get the issue. 

lauriecope
Casual Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

After no help from Skype I have now managed to fix the solution myself. Terrible support considering I am a paying customer, I get better support on free systems I use... 

Anyway... I deleted the Skype entry in Mac Keychain, then started Skype and after logging in a new Keychain entry was created. Upon restarting the computer Skype now logs me in OK. So there must have been an issue with the Skype Keychain fil/data. 

View solution in original post
lauriecope
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 13 (4,678 Views)

Re: Skype wont log me in at start up

Also, when I close Skype and open it again it wont log me in, I get "Your Skype name and passwoprd were not recognised. Please check and try again".

So either its not remembering my password (although it was the same password as before so couldnt be that) or it has some other bug.

I changed my Skype password and closed and restarted and I still get the same issue.
lauriecope
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 13 (4,671 Views)

Does anyone have any update on this please? Still happening. Dont know what more I can do. Thanks
lauriecope
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (4,654 Views)

Skype still wont log me in automatically. Anyone here please? I am a paying customer. 

lauriecope
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 13 (4,630 Views)

After you enter your username and password on the login screen--and before you hit Enter--tick the box to log in automatically.  That should do it next time you start Skype.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 333
Message 5 of 13 (4,623 Views)

Hi. As stated "I have checked the box to remember password but that does not work"

There is an issue. It is either not logging me in with my correct password, OR it is not remembering the password I enter. 

lauriecope
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 13 (4,619 Views)

lauriecope wrote:

Hi. As stated "I have checked the box to remember password but that does not work"

There is an issue. It is either not logging me in with my correct password, OR it is not remembering the password I enter. 

How did you change your password then? You have to log in to do that.

0 Kudos
rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 156
Message 7 of 13 (4,615 Views)

Ok I will try to explain it again...
When Skype starts automatically at login, it does not log me in, even though I have enabled the box to log me in, and even though I entered my correct password on the previous login. I get a message saying my username or password is wrong. 
So I then enter my correct password, and Skype logs me in. At this point I make sure the box is checked to remember my password. 
The next time Skype starts I get the same issue. It states my username or password is wrong and I am not logged in. I enter the same password as I entered last time to login and it logs me in. 
So I can login to Skype fine. I did this to change my password to a new password, and see if that works. But it didnt work. 
So to re-iterate again, Skype will not log me in automatically, it states my password is wrong is even though I logged in fine the previous attempt AND checked the box to remember my password. 
Also note: I have been using Skype for years with no problem, this only started to happen a few weeks ago, and I am using the latest version. 
Thanks
lauriecope
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 13 (4,612 Views)

After no help from Skype I have now managed to fix the solution myself. Terrible support considering I am a paying customer, I get better support on free systems I use... 

Anyway... I deleted the Skype entry in Mac Keychain, then started Skype and after logging in a new Keychain entry was created. Upon restarting the computer Skype now logs me in OK. So there must have been an issue with the Skype Keychain fil/data. 

lauriecope
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 13 (4,575 Views)

mgthan7788
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 10 of 13 (4,167 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling