Skype will start up then shut down immediately

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype will start up then shut down immediately

When I downloaded the newest version of Skype onto my Mac, operating system OS X version 10.5.8, it would open to the contacts page then shut down and an error message would appear. It does not open long enough to adjust any of the settings. I have tried to reinstall as well as uninstall and reinstall but the result is the same. Any suggustions would be great!

Thanks,

A

0 Kudos
andrew23
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (395 Views)

Re: Skype will start up then shut down immediately

I am having the exact same problem.  Did you find the cause?  I, too, am using a Mac.  :sad:

0 Kudos
jill0721
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 4 (364 Views)

I am having a simular problem. I just got one of the new MacBook pros with the retina displays.  sometimes it works and sometimes it doesen't.  It seems to work a little better AFTER the laprop is connected to wifi or network connection to the internet.  But I am having Crashing issues about 50% to 75% of the time.  any resolution from Skype tech support would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
hubukai
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 4 (353 Views)

Just started having the same problem this morning, very frustrating.  Can anyone from Skype help?  Same probelm, same operating system.  Crashes before it really gets going, everytime I try to launch it.  Was even funny starting up this morning, asking for my password (never does this, I have it set up to launch on start up and keep me logged in).

HELP!  PLEASE!

0 Kudos
handlebarmikey
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (346 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling