Skype isn't downloading on my computer

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype isn't downloading on my computer

Skype won't download on my mac. I have an account with Skype because it was on another computer but now I can't download it on this one. Please help!

Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

What's happening if you are accessing this link: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-macosx.dmg

View solution in original post
kp-1101
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 9 (5,425 Views)

Re: Skype isn't downloading on my computer

Perhaps if you were to provide us with just a little more information, one of us will be able to help you.

Which version of OSX are you using?  Does your Mac have a PowerPC or an Intel processor?  What happens when you attempt to download the software? Do you get an error message?  Have you looked in your Downloads folder for the Skype.dmg file?

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
0 Kudos
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 331
Message 2 of 9 (5,234 Views)

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I have a skype account and I have now switched to a Mac. Its the newest version 10.7.2 (Lion). It shows that it downloads but when I go to click on it it gives me an error and said the computer couldnt recognize it. So I tried again and it still didn't work :sad:

0 Kudos
kels80691
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 9 (5,219 Views)

It might be something as simple as a corrupted download.  Try again by clicking on Mac under Get Skype at the botto of this forum page.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 331
Message 4 of 9 (5,216 Views)

Hi,

I have tried to uninstall skype on my laptop over 3 times and I re download skype again and it seems to be working, but when I go and open it up, a message comes up saying “Skype has quit unexpectedly” and this happens every time. I checked and my mac and it is the latest version 10.6.8 as well has a 2.4 GHz intel core 2 Duo. I’m not sure what I can do, please help!

nataliewatson33
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 9 (4,994 Views)

good day... pls my husband open skype for me.... and am trying to download it on my system here but its not downloading.... what will i do... pls advice.

0 Kudos
preciousjerry
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (4,410 Views)

What's happening if you are accessing this link: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-macosx.dmg

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12947
Message 7 of 9 (4,405 Views)

I have same problem, I have PowerPC on i MAC G5. how do I get it to download?
Posted from Amazon D01400
0 Kudos
taynix
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (4,396 Views)

[ Edited ]

Right clicking and saving "linked file as" on the direct link did the job, however from the main download screen, right clicking doesn't work.

I had this problem for a while, so thanks for direct linking the file.

edit: That was directed in reply at Claudius the admin. 

0 Kudos
JBallard
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (4,288 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling