Skype always "not responding"

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype always "not responding"

I am able to sign into my skype account, but whenever I try to click on the "contacts" tab it would just freeze and then I'd have to force quit and re-sign in to get skype to work again...is this happening to anyone else? I'm using a macbook pro and yes, I've updated skype to the latest version but it seems as if after the update, the lag/crash is even worse...anyone can help?

Chloecg213
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (2,469 Views)

Re: Skype always "not responding"

People, found solution. Just go to Skype home and click the tiny wheel (configuration) on the top right corner and click disconnect from facebook. Wait a few seconds and skype goes back to it's skype contacts and works fine. Needless to say facebook has something to do with this. 

Cheers.

djnickbennett
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 4 (2,444 Views)

Skype always "not responding" why? help

for me its the kind of the same but every time i open skype it says "not responding" ive tried every thing getting rid of it and getting it back , (instailling) but still doesnot work , ive also tried compatability mode box , and the shared xml file that you had to delete ;( help me 

Chloecg213 wrote:

I am able to sign into my skype account, but whenever I try to click on the "contacts" tab it would just freeze and then I'd have to force quit and re-sign in to get skype to work again...is this happening to anyone else? I'm using a macbook pro and yes, I've updated skype to the latest version but it seems as if after the update, the lag/crash is even worse...anyone can help?

0 Kudos
Khan1298
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (1,435 Views)

Re: Skype always "not responding"

If you could give us some information as explained by the following guide:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/How-to-report-a-crash-hang-or-any-other-issue/td-p/1449277

That would be helpful!

--
Thibault
Skype for Mac Engineer

Please do not send me a private message about your crashes: do that in the main forums instead.
If Skype is crashing, please check this thread.
If this doesn't fix your problem, please check how to report a crash/hang, or any other issue
0 Kudos
Thibault
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 111
Message 4 of 4 (1,423 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling