Re: Skype 6.9 Screen freezes and sound drops every...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Skype 6.9 Screen freezes and sound drops every minute...

Add another one to the list of problems with 6.9

0 Kudos
treguly
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 18 (793 Views)

Hey listen guys.

I tried the following and seems to do the trick.

I removed the folder ~/Library/Application\ Support/Skype

It seems to take care of freezing every few seconds. Hope it stays that way.

0 Kudos
gkarlis
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 18 (786 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had the same Exact issue and this is what i did and it solve the problem

Update the Java to the latest level, i took a look on the Logs after it froze and tried to check it it got many things to do with Java crash, so i updated java to the latest and its working for the 3rd day now with no problem, im not sure if that should be the fix for it, but that works for me.

Just give it a try guys hope that help.

If that solved your problem please hit like so people would know that the issue was solved that way.

Cheers.

AhmedSeoudy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 13 of 18 (780 Views)

Upgrading Java to 1.7 u45 did the trick!  While I had first downgraded (which also worked), upgrading the Java version has given me a much more stable version with 6.9!

The steps I did included:

And yay, working!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
morpheus76
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 18 (752 Views)

Im glad it helps mate, 

For me as far as i know that this would be temporary and the fix should come from Skype team tho because upgrading the java will only help temporary i guess, hope that doesnt come again and skype work fast on fixing that issue,

Cheers mate :happy:

0 Kudos
AhmedSeoudy
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 18 (722 Views)

Same issue here. Was advised by Skype support to clear all local Skype files and reinstall (I fail to see why reinstalling would help, but clearing settings might help). I'll see if this sorts the issue tomorrow. I don't have much faith in Skype, after crap like voicemails playing back at double speed for over six months, and v5+'s horrible iPad-style UI, to give but two examples.

Skype 6.9, Mid-2007 24" 2.8GHz iMac, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256MB VRAM, OS X 10.6.8

0 Kudos
Wizardling
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 80
Message 16 of 18 (506 Views)

I am having the same problem.  Checking here with support, restart skype, restart mac. problem persists.  The problem is with Microsoft and Skype, fix it please!

it is funny how I never get the opportunity for feedback when the call is crappy, which is 90% of the time.

0 Kudos
vawiha
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 17 of 18 (417 Views)

After downgrading, I see that CPU usage has dropped from 87-111%  (6.9) to around 65-72% (6.:cool:.

We'll see how this plays out, but that's a pretty significant drop.

0 Kudos
GrailPuffin
Casual Tourist
Message 18 of 18 (370 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling