Re: Skype 5.6 nothing like the demo videos. Still ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype 5.6 nothing like the demo videos. Still no Facebook.

I can't believe Skype have all these videos showing how easy it is to do this that and the other, but the version they use in the demo's is completely different from the version you download. The sidebar looks really easy to manage and Facebook seems a doddle to integrate, but none of this is in the latest version.

Is anyone else finding this same thing?

0 Kudos
jhendry76
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (270 Views)

Re: Skype 5.6 nothing like the demo videos. Still no Facebook.

Which video are you referring to? Can you share an URL?

You need to set up the Facebook in the "Skype Home" screen first. If you did that earlier already you might try disconnecting Facebook using the cogwheel icon on Skype Home and then reconnecting.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
0 Kudos
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12967
Message 2 of 4 (186 Views)

I know what you mean i very confused. The page used in Skype demos is nothing like what i received in the download. I can't  figure out anything on skype. 

superfly53   aka [Removed for privacy] 

jhendry76 wrote:

I can't believe Skype have all these videos showing how easy it is to do this that and the other, but the version they use in the demo's is completely different from the version you download. The sidebar looks really easy to manage and Facebook seems a doddle to integrate, but none of this is in the latest version.

Is anyone else finding this same thing?

0 Kudos
Superfly53
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 4 (96 Views)

Check out this related thread with screenshots

http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/Skype-functions-missing/td-p/1860707

The screens in the How To demos look nothing like my Skype screen which you'll see here. And I still don't have any way to launch the IM function.

0 Kudos
GrandeMelA
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (76 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling