Screen Sharing (please.. need answer...)

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Screen Sharing (please.. need answer...)

Hi,

I need the correct answer to this..

I am an online tutor that needs my student to be able to share her screen on some days with me.  I also need to share my screen with her on some other days. We are not looking to share at the same time, just both able to share.

Do we each need to buy a PREMIUM accoun to make this happen?

Thanks!

Barry

0 Kudos
HoffkidsTutor
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (161 Views)

Re: Screen Sharing (please.. need answer...)

yes that is how I read the premium product as well.  If you wish to share to them.. you need to be a premium member. They want to share to you premium membership

Have you considered OOVOO or Teamviewer for your needs?

0 Kudos
sgallant04
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 29
Message 2 of 4 (156 Views)

if that is true.. that sucks..  $120 a year for us both to share screens once in a while..

I have not checked out those other things.  Trying to keep it simple for business.

Thanks!

Barry

0 Kudos
HoffkidsTutor
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (153 Views)

Hi there,

You can share your screen with one contact in a voice call for free on Skype 2.8 for Mac OS X (this also applise to Windows)

You only need Skype Premium for screen sharing during a video call/group video call.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10022/how-do-i-share-my-screen-in-skype-for-mac-os-x

Thanks,

Wiktor

”upgrade”
0 Kudos
WiktorO
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 281
Message 4 of 4 (134 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling