Re: POST HERE TO GET SKYPE TO GET RID OF THE HORRI...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: POST HERE TO GET SKYPE TO GET RID OF THE HORRIBLE SKYPE 5 INTERFACE

Do what I did: switch to Google Voice/Video and Google+ Hangouts. I only use Skype for work, and rarely so now that most of my co-workers and friends have also dumped it for Google. Ever since 5.0 first made it's rounds, we've mostly migrated away from Skype and now it's only used for the Skype calls to other Skype users once or twice a month. 

mrkaligari
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 61 of 195 (1,860 Views)

Wish the skype team would have some common sense about their interface design. Please go back to a lightweight usuable app.  Have used skype daily for the last 3 years... and am now looking for other options.

alexes
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 62 of 195 (1,800 Views)

looks like skype dont care about the customer preferences all they care is the dollars flowing in... what a shame... the mac client is useless and consume high CPU and high bandwith. I mean come on only lazy programmers get so many resources from a machine for a messagin client.

onemore
Novel Adventurer
Message 63 of 195 (1,796 Views)

New Skype Beta out for Mac - 5.5.0.2069 -
anyone think the UI is better ?

0 Kudos
mark_linux_uk
Novel Adventurer
Message 64 of 195 (1,784 Views)

On Mac this is barely tolerable. I run an IT firm and we get constant questions on how to shrink or make it skinny and only see the key information: contact names. It eats up far too much real estate and you can't get rid of the sidebar nor stretch the names column to even make it readable. Are there people who actually like this?
gspot
Novel Adventurer
Message 65 of 195 (1,772 Views)

we're using 2.8 all across our company - please bring back the old GUI

syphiliz
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 66 of 195 (1,750 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm so surprised... The most popular topic in Mac section is "New Skype UI is sux" and there is still no change in 5.5. Surprised that there is no any official reaction yet.

Waiting for Trillian or other client to get native Skype support without a need to run Skype itself (SkypeKIT).

0 Kudos
AFS
Novel Adventurer
Message 67 of 195 (1,736 Views)

Just stumbled on this thread, upgraded from 5.3 to 2.8, and I'm LOVING IT. Big improvement.
tjgreen42
Novel Tourist
Message 68 of 195 (1,717 Views)

Might as well throw another complaint into the void. Every time a new Skype 5 beta comes out, I download it hoping someone sane started listening... but no. I can't screenshare in 2.8 to anyone using 5, but I STILL use 2.8 any time I can. Skype 5 is that miserable.
pdclark
Novel Tourist
Message 69 of 195 (1,630 Views)

I hate skype 5 enough to join the forum and post. 2.8 worked, it was compact and functional and its why I subscribed. I'm over it and looking for an alternative - withdrawing my financial support, skype.
gaylej1
Casual Tourist
Message 70 of 195 (1,607 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling