Other end can BARELY hear me - PLEASE HELP

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Other end can BARELY hear me - PLEASE HELP

[ Edited ]

There seems to be a fairly common history of mic/audio problem with Skype on Macs.  I've googled extensively and sifted thru this community but still have no answers.

I have a 2007 Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro which originally ran 10.4.11.  Whatever version of Skype should have worked with that was lacking in one area.  The person I was Skyping with could barely hear me.  That was the case with a couple of different people and they had successfully Skyped with others.  Which points back to me.  Yes, I've checked all my settings.  I can make a Yahoo Msgr call with no issue, so it seems to be specific to Skype.

I had read that upgrading to newer Skype would resolve it.  That involved me upgrading my Mac OS.  So, I finally have moved up to 10.6.8 and downloaded the latest Skype for Mac, v. 5.2.0.1523  Problem solved?  NOPE!  Same exact problem.  I can do a Yahoo Msgr call without issue, but not Skype.  The video works on both ends for Skype and whomever I Skype with comes thru nice and clear on my speakers, but they can barely even tell I'm talking.  Even when doing a test call, I could BARELY hear my own playback.

I've tried a headset that plugs into the speaker and mic jack and I've tried the external, built in mic.  I switch my setting accordingly.

Does anyone know the secret to what's going on???

PLEASE HELP

paulisimoisphal
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 2 (1,915 Views)

Re: Other end can BARELY hear me - PLEASE HELP

I have the same problem and I have tried everything that you have mentioned plus adjusting the audio MIDI settings under utilities and nothing.  I'm so frustrated that I can't communicate with my friends and family because they can barely hear me when I can hear them fine.  What's going on?

0 Kudos
tijuanaxx
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (1,377 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling