Hey I just tested the screen share option, at first the option to share the screen was grayed out, but after a minute in call the option became enabled and I could click on it and share the screen with face time video capture on it. So just wait a bit on-call and don't panic at all.
P.S.: my skype is also set to english language, I read some issues on screen share beeing used with other languages.
Hi to All
i have the same problem, but i have found a solution !!
1. You need Time Machine
2. Go to folder /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/
3. Copy AppleCamera.plugin to good place (usb memory stick is the best place).
4. Go to Time machine in date that skype work fine.
5. Change AppleCamera.plugin with file from Time Machine
6. Restart system, Now skype need to work with camera.
This solution is only for this time until Apple make update for this problem !!!!
14-09-2013 21:47 - edited 14-09-2013 21:48
Another Case of mid june mac air which i updated.
Skype is not detecting the camera
I don't even have Time Machine
This is a very simple fix that works! There are lots of ways to do it, but to put it very simply,
Download the AppleCamera.plugin provided.
Click on go in the finder menu, select go to golder and paste in /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/ ,
move that item, AppleCamera.plugin, to the trash
Go to your downloads folder and copy the new AppleCamera.plugin, then paste it in the folder where the old one was.