Re: New Facebook Integration with Skype 5.4 for Ma...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: New Facebook Integration with Skype 5.4 for Mac OS X Beta

YOU NEED TO CHANGE THESE INSTUCTIONS!!!!!!!!

THERE IS NO 'CONNECT TO FACEBOOK' TAB!!!!!!!!!!  

It is hidden in a drop down menu via the gear on the Skype Home page.  Maybe you should actually use Skype 5.4 on a Mac before simply copying the same bad instructions everyone else has published on the net.

0 Kudos
AironG
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 51 of 64 (630 Views)

I agree with people who believe that user must have an option to choose whether he wants contact list or so-called "main page" as a start tab. And also an option to choose between table view and classic view in "Contacts". Many of my friends don't want to install the update because of those things.

0 Kudos
napisal
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 52 of 64 (618 Views)

Looked at all these 'hidden' locations for this button, but honestly I still cannot find it anywhere. I've updated Lion, Skype to 5.4...still nothing. Any suggestions?
sebastiaanl
Novel Tourist
Message 53 of 64 (614 Views)

Is there a way to nuke this FB feature?

[ Edited ]

Facebook is already under fire for tracking users without their permission via the "Like" buttons you find on a lot of websites - it emerged you're never really properly logged out.  I have really, really, *REALLY* no intention to give Facebook any more routes by which to acquire information without me knowing it, so I'd like assurances this thing will not pass information without my permission.

There is a lot of data in Skype that is considered private by most people (and indeed most privacy laws in Europe), and oh so desirable from Facebook's "we want it all" perspective: contacts, call records, chats.  Integrating Facebook here is a bit like asking a pedophile to a child party and hoping he'll behave.  I admire the optimism, but I'm cynical for a reason..

0 Kudos
nuclear_glow
Casual Adventurer
Message 54 of 64 (536 Views)

I also have no facebook integration. No gear left or right. I'm using MAC OS X 10.5.8 with Skype 5.4.0.1217  I have restarted, logged in, logged out and clicked everything clickable. It is simply not there. The only thing Skype Home gives me is a  "Say hello with Skype" page and a choice of "find friends" ..does not bring up facebook or "Call a number"

Someone must have an answer.

0 Kudos
Marecip
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 55 of 64 (472 Views)

First thing is that the beta 5.4 is not downloading and so integration is not working
0 Kudos
liderinnova
Novel Adventurer
Message 56 of 64 (418 Views)

I've updated to the latest version of the beta (5.4.0.1771) and the Facebook integration is still not showing up for me.

0 Kudos
Ritchie87
Novel Adventurer
Message 57 of 64 (362 Views)

it directs to Windows download!

fnurski
Casual Tourist
Message 58 of 64 (355 Views)

No, it’s not cool because it doesn’t work. Is anyone from Skype even reading these messages? I have the new 5.4 beta, and there is no mention of Facebook anywhere in the app.

0 Kudos
rickroberts
Novel Adventurer
Message 59 of 64 (349 Views)

What login page are you talking about?

0 Kudos
rickroberts
Novel Adventurer
Message 60 of 64 (349 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling