Need to Download Older Version of Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Need to Download Older Version of Skype

I have OSX 10.5.8. I have lost my Skype Application. I accepted on screen invite to upgrade Skype today, 27 April 2012. I moved the download to Applications but then found the new version is not supported by my system and I can't use it (I think because my processor is "Dual 2 GHz Power PC G5" and not Intel so can't be upgrade to later OXS versions). There was no warning that this upgrade was not suitable for my computer. Somewhere during the process my original Skype application has been deleted or lost. It's not in trash and I can't see a way to download/ restore/re-install a version of Skype I can use. Any suggestions please? Thanks

sunrider
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Thanks for reading this and sorry to waste your time. I found answer myself on another post from "finewine" so thanks to you  finewine for your contribution. Oldapps have the solution at http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=37

Downloaded in seconds and works fine.

View solution in original post
Please use plain text.
sunrider
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 9 (27,137 Views)

Re: Need to Download Older Version of Skype

Thanks for reading this and sorry to waste your time. I found answer myself on another post from "finewine" so thanks to you  finewine for your contribution. Oldapps have the solution at http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=37

Downloaded in seconds and works fine.

Please use plain text.
sunrider
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 9 (27,109 Views)

THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!!!! I WAS GOING CRAZY HERE I REALLY NEED MY SKYPE LOL!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
minnnaesc
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 9 (26,824 Views)

It's a pity that Skype did not foresee this probelm and warn users. That hurts the brand. Not providing an easy way to get at previous versions is a serious probelm because it forces users to download programs from untrusted sources and exposes both them and the brand to risk. "Skype users infected by virus" is not something that anyone wants to see as a news headline.

Please use plain text.
ColinM
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 9 (26,560 Views)

try over here --> mac.oldapps.com/skype.php
- john -
0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
johndio
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (20,970 Views)

oh well... i should have read on before answering this one!
0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
johndio
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (20,970 Views)

Skype's crippling failure

I've been using Skype for several years and love it. So much so that I dropped my previous landline altogether and subscribe to Skype VOIP instead. It gives me both videophone, ordinary phone service worldwide, texting, file transfer, and an answering machine. But at the moment I'm having a technical problem and Skype provides no meaningful customer support whatsoever!  There is only this  users' chat where it's awkward and time consuming to track down a solution. This is particularly frustrating when I  urgently need to have telephone service and it's not working. It seems that Skype management is asleep at the wheel. If only they'd set up real customer support Skype would be the best phone service in the world.

P.S. An old fashioned answering machine can be set to answer calls after x number of rings.  This is very convenient. Skype, however, needs to be shut down in order to take messages. This is very inconvenient and could easily be remedied.

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
adamheilbrun
Routine Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (15,672 Views)

Re: Skype's crippling failure

I have had enough of not being able to get a satisfactory answer to my SKYPE problems which all seem to be about the same thing . Will pull the plug , get a refund and get onto "viber" for nix .

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
thommo68
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (15,266 Views)

Hi. the link in old apps is no longer working. is there any other solution? I want to download skype for windows xp sp2. Please help. :/

0 Kudos
Please use plain text.
nafay
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (4,400 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling